First I was trying to take Lin's mind off the side effects and then I fell victim to the dreaded Singapore flu. I am posting this short message to say we are alive and kicking and, all being well, Lin will be having his next chemotherapy session on Monday, June 28.
We are not sure if it was a combination of the chemo drugs and the anti-nausea medication but he improved after he stopped taking the pills (which I had read cause - among other things - diarrhea and depression).
A bit of trivia, here's the 'shopping' list of the side effects of metoclopramide (some would not apply to him!):
- excessive tiredness
- breast enlargement or discharge
- missed menstrual period
- decreased sexual ability
- frequent urination
- inability to control urination
- tightening of the muscles, especially in the jaw or neck
- speech problems
- thinking about harming or killing yourself
- muscle stiffness
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- nervousness or jitteriness
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- foot tapping
- slow or stiff movements
- blank facial expression
- uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
- difficulty keeping your balance
- swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, mouth, throat, arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- sudden weight gain
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- high-pitched sounds while breathing
- vision problems
Anyway the good news is that he has perked up; just in time to look forward to a new session!
As for me, I am isolating myself in his study until I can shake this tenacious bug which has blocked my nose, caused a headache and a sore throat.
Keep healthy you all.